news:gnu.emacs.*
Ivan Shmakov
2014-10-30 07:33:14 UTC
FTR, – the Message-Id:s are broken not just for news:gnu.emacs.bug
alone, – news:gnu.emacs.help shows exactly the same issue (see,
e. g., the example I've posted earlier [1]), and presumably the same
applies all across the gnu.emacs.* groups (or perhaps even all the
gnu.* ones.)
This is a Mailman FAQ.
http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4030712
ACK, thanks for the pointer.
Nobody here at emacs-devel can do anything about the GNU newsgroups
or mailing lists, so please don't email us about them.
If your mail program or newsreader implements message threading
correctly (see http://www.jwz.org/doc/threading.html), then it should
be able to deal with these differences. If not, then you should
complain to the people responsible for implementing and supporting
your mail program or newsreader.
I’ll be just as happy if Gnus could be made to properly handle
threading in those same newsgroups. Could we discuss possible
fixes here, please?

(I assume that Gnus is within the emacs-devel@ scope, given that
Gnus is part of GNU Emacs. Cross-posting to ***@gnus.org,
though, so feel free to drop the former on follow-up.)
--
FSF associate member #7257 http://boycottsystemd.org/ … 3013 B6A0 230E 334A