Avoiding emacs 10 sec freeze when fethcing Inbox
Ernesto Alfonso
2015-09-03 03:25:07 UTC
Hi, first post to this list. Hopefully this is for development of gnus
emacs.
I'm very annoyed at having to wait for gnus to fetch mail, which takes
between 5-10 secs during which emacs freezes.
I believe the function in question is
gnus-group-read-group
and
gnus-summary-read-group
when fetching my gmail inbox.
Can we use a process sentinel "async" approach to avoid this 10 second
emacs freeze?
Eric S Fraga
2015-09-03 10:08:31 UTC
I'm very annoyed at having to wait for gnus to fetch mail, which takes
between 5-10 secs during which emacs freezes.
[...]
Can we use a process sentinel "async" approach to avoid this 10 second
emacs freeze?
You may wish to look at the gnus daemons. See the Daemons section
(section 9.9) in the gnus info manual.
--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xFFFCF67D
: in Emacs 25.0.50.2 + Ma Gnus v0.14 + evil-git-ff74cfb