mailing list reply with CC
Clemens Schüller
2014-09-16 16:31:38 UTC
Hello!

How can I create a mailinglist reply with To to the list _and_ a CC to
the mail author?

TIA
Best Regards, Clemens Schüller
Rasmus
2014-09-17 12:55:33 UTC
Post by Clemens Schüller
Hello!
How can I create a mailinglist reply with To to the list _and_ a CC to
the mail author?
In Gnus check the Post menu. Maybe what you want is (very) wide
reply, invoked with S W or S V.

Hope it helps,
Rasmus
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir?
Ted Zlatanov
2014-09-24 15:13:09 UTC
On Tue, 16 Sep 2014 18:31:38 +0200 Clemens Schüller <cs.mlists+***@mailbox.org> wrote:

CS> How can I create a mailinglist reply with To to the list _and_ a CC to
CS> the mail author?

I have this bound to `r':

r runs the command gnus-summary-very-wide-reply-with-original (found
in gnus-summary-mode-map), which is an interactive compiled Lisp
function in `gnus-msg.el'.

It is bound to r, S V, <menu-bar> <Post> <Very wide reply and yank>.

(gnus-summary-very-wide-reply-with-original N)

Start composing a very wide reply mail to the current message.
The original article will be yanked.

If you decide to add the CC later, reply, then:

C-c C-f C-c runs the command message-goto-cc (found in
message-mode-map), which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in
`message.el'.

It is bound to C-c C-f C-c, <menu-bar> <Field> <Cc>.

(message-goto-cc)

Move point to the Cc header.

The CC header will be auto-created if it doesn't exist. Conveniently,
this also works if you're following up to a newsgroup (Gnus will send a
separate e-mail).

HTH
Ted
Clemens Schüller
2014-10-05 09:05:19 UTC
Hello!
Post by Ted Zlatanov
CS> How can I create a mailinglist reply with To to the list _and_ a CC to
CS> the mail author?
r runs the command gnus-summary-very-wide-reply-with-original (found
in gnus-summary-mode-map), which is an interactive compiled Lisp
function in `gnus-msg.el'.
It is bound to r, S V, <menu-bar> <Post> <Very wide reply and yank>.
This runs neither with SL nor SV nor SW - the CC field don't exist in
all 3 variants.

I've tried it with your reply.
Best Regards, Clemens Schüller
Rainer M Krug
2014-10-05 12:46:56 UTC
Post by Clemens Schüller
Hello!
Post by Ted Zlatanov
CS> How can I create a mailinglist reply with To to the list _and_ a CC to
CS> the mail author?
r runs the command gnus-summary-very-wide-reply-with-original (found
in gnus-summary-mode-map), which is an interactive compiled Lisp
function in `gnus-msg.el'.
It is bound to r, S V, <menu-bar> <Post> <Very wide reply and yank>.
This runs neither with SL nor SV nor SW - the CC field don't exist in
all 3 variants.
I've tried it with your reply.
S V, S W, both generate this reply: To to the author, Cc to the
mailing list.

Rainer
--
Rainer M. Krug
email: Rainer<at>krugs<dot>de
PGP: 0x0F52F982
Clemens Schüller
2014-10-05 13:10:00 UTC
Hello!
Post by Rainer M Krug
Post by Clemens Schüller
This runs neither with SL nor SV nor SW - the CC field don't exist in
all 3 variants.
I've tried it with your reply.
S V, S W, both generate this reply: To to the author, Cc to the
mailing list.
I've checked my posting styles. The error was, that I set To: in the
section for the ding ML.

Commented out and it runs as expected.
--
Best Regards, Clemens Schüller