How to position summary cursor on beginning of subject
Ivan Kanis
2014-09-30 17:39:36 UTC

By default the cursor jumps to the first colon:

(defalias 'gnus-summary-position-point 'gnus-goto-colon)

I have disabled the motion for some years. I thought it jumped to the
beginning of the subject before.

Anyway, how do I do that?

Ivan
--
The greater cats with golden eyes
Stare out between the bars.
-- Victoria Sackville-West
Igor Sosa Mayor
2014-09-30 17:59:58 UTC
Post by Ivan Kanis
Hi,
(defalias 'gnus-summary-position-point 'gnus-goto-colon)
I have disabled the motion for some years. I thought it jumped to the
beginning of the subject before.
Anyway, how do I do that?
take a look at

,----[ C-h v gnus-summary-line-format RET ]
| gnus-summary-line-format is a variable defined in `gnus.el'.
| Its value is
| "%*%z%U%R %~(max-right 17)~(pad-right 17)&user-date; %~(max-right 20)~(pad-right 20)f %B%s\n"
| Original value was
| "%U%R%z%I%(%[%4L: %-23,23f%]%) %s\n"
|
| Documentation:
| *The format specification of the lines in the summary buffer.
|
| It works along the same lines as a normal formatting string,
| with some simple extensions.

| |
`----
--
:: Igor Sosa Mayor :: ***@gmail.com ::
:: GnuPG: 0x1C1E2890 :: http://www.gnupg.org/ ::
:: jabberid: rogorido :: ::
Ivan Kanis
2014-09-30 20:02:14 UTC
Post by Igor Sosa Mayor
Post by Ivan Kanis
Hi,
(defalias 'gnus-summary-position-point 'gnus-goto-colon)
I have disabled the motion for some years. I thought it jumped to the
beginning of the subject before.
Anyway, how do I do that?
take a look at
,----[ C-h v gnus-summary-line-format RET ]
Thanks. I have changed that variable. Moving to a fix spot does what I
want.

(defun ivan-gnus-forward ()
(move-beginning-of-line 1)
(forward-char 34))

;; moving cursor to subject in summary
(defalias 'gnus-summary-position-point 'ivan-gnus-forward)

Ivan
--
You need to install an RTFM interface..
-- BOFH excuse #57
Mark Simpson
2014-10-01 13:41:42 UTC
The documentation for gnus-summary-line-format includes:

%* If present, indicates desired cursor position
(instead of after first colon).

I have not used it myself - but perhaps this could be used to get what
you want?

Ciao
Mark
Ivan Kanis
2014-10-02 06:32:55 UTC
Post by Mark Simpson
%* If present, indicates desired cursor position
(instead of after first colon).
I have not used it myself - but perhaps this could be used to get what
you want?
It works. Thank you.
--
The average Ph.D. thesis is nothing but the transference of bones
from one graveyard to another.