[A bit OT] Text usenet server ?
Xavier Maillard
2015-01-29 12:18:50 UTC
Hello,

My current provider is no longer offering Usenet as a service. THat's
odd but that's how things run today.

Do you know a (serious) NNTP provider (free cost or not) where I
could subscribe ?

Regards
Xavier
Charles Philip Chan
2015-01-29 13:01:56 UTC
Post by Xavier Maillard
Do you know a (serious) NNTP provider (free cost or not) where I
could subscribe ?
http://www.eternal-september.org/

Charles
--
"Whip me. Beat me. Make me maintain AIX."
(By Stephan Zielinski)
Xavier Maillard
2015-01-29 21:17:00 UTC
Post by Charles Philip Chan
Post by Xavier Maillard
Do you know a (serious) NNTP provider (free cost or not) where I
could subscribe ?
http://www.eternal-september.org/
Charles
Thanks a lot to you and all participants. I will study all of this.

--
Sent with my mu4e

Adam Sjøgren
2015-01-29 17:57:06 UTC
Post by Xavier Maillard
Do you know a (serious) NNTP provider (free cost or not) where I
could subscribe ?
dotsrc.org (a long time ago known as sunsite.dk) has an nntp-server you
can use for the cost sending an email or two:

* http://dotsrc.org/usenet/

They are located in Denmark, so you may or may not have to consider the
speed of light.

If you get really enthusiastic and want to run your own news server,
there is a network of more or less crazy people doing just that:

* http://www.pnx.dk/

Best regards,

Adam
--
"The laws of perspective have been repealed! Adam Sjøgren
Objects no longer diminish in size with distance!" ***@koldfront.dk
Harry Putnam
2015-01-29 18:13:11 UTC
Post by Xavier Maillard
Hello,
My current provider is no longer offering Usenet as a service. THat's
odd but that's how things run today.
Do you know a (serious) NNTP provider (free cost or not) where I
could subscribe ?
Forte-agent nntp service is very cheap and very good (inclusive)