gmane is always closed.
Uwe Brauer
2014-11-26 11:34:10 UTC
Hello

I have the following setting:

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
'(
(nnimap "UCMgmail"
(nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
(nnimap-server-port 993)
(nnimap-authinfo-file "~/.authinfo")
(nnimap-stream ssl))
(nnimap "gmail"
(nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
(nnimap-server-port 993)
(nnimap-authinfo-file "~/.authinfo")
(nnimap-stream ssl))
(nntp "news.gmane.org")))

However since a couple of weeks when starting gnus the server list looks
as:

{nndiary:diary} (closed)
{nnml:archive} (opened)
{nnvirtual:Test} (closed)
{nndraft:} (opened)
{nntp:news.gmane.org} (denied) (cloud)
{nnimap:gmail} (opened) (agent)
{nnimap:UCMgmail} (opened) (agent)

So I have always to open manually gmane.

What is wrong with my setting? Did gmane change his settings?

thanks

Uwe Brauer
Alberto Luaces
2014-11-26 15:43:22 UTC
Post by Uwe Brauer
What is wrong with my setting? Did gmane change his settings?
I don't think so; my settings are the same as yours, but I didn't set
gmane in gnus.el; I created it directly from the server buffer:

(nntp "news.gmane.org")
Alberto
Uwe Brauer
2014-11-26 18:19:11 UTC
Post by Alberto Luaces
Post by Uwe Brauer
What is wrong with my setting? Did gmane change his settings?
I don't think so; my settings are the same as yours, but I didn't set
(nntp "news.gmane.org")
I deleted even my .newsrc.el file and restarted, same behavior.

So I set debug-on-signal to t

And this is what I got.
Alberto Luaces
2014-11-27 17:33:37 UTC
Post by Uwe Brauer
Post by Alberto Luaces
Post by Uwe Brauer
What is wrong with my setting? Did gmane change his settings?
I don't think so; my settings are the same as yours, but I didn't set
(nntp "news.gmane.org")
I deleted even my .newsrc.el file and restarted, same behavior.
So I set debug-on-signal to t
And this is what I got.
[...]

The backtrace mentions the agent. Can you disable it to see if it
behaves differently?
Alberto
Uwe Brauer
2014-11-27 18:03:19 UTC
Post by Alberto Luaces
[...]
The backtrace mentions the agent. Can you disable it to see if it
behaves differently?
Yes I noticed as well, the agent is disabled since a while. I will
submit a bug report.