nnir on several (imap) servers
Erik Colson
2015-08-25 11:37:09 UTC
Hi!

I have several mailboxes on several imap servers. When I'm searching
something I have to launch the query on every server separately (from
the server buffer). Is it possible to launch a query on multiple servers
at once and additionaly to get the results grouped in one nnir buffer ?

best
erik colson
Vegard Vesterheim
2015-08-25 13:02:54 UTC
Post by Erik Colson
Hi!
I have several mailboxes on several imap servers. When I'm searching
something I have to launch the query on every server separately (from
the server buffer). Is it possible to launch a query on multiple servers
at once and additionaly to get the results grouped in one nnir buffer ?
Yup, simply mark (#) each group first, and then issue the search as
normal. Gnus will perform the search across the corresponding servers,
and present the results in one nnir buffer.

- Vegard V -
Erik Colson
2015-08-25 13:17:21 UTC
Post by Vegard Vesterheim
Yup, simply mark (#) each group first, and then issue the search as
normal. Gnus will perform the search across the corresponding servers,
and present the results in one nnir buffer.
yep, I guess I didn't explain it fully corectly:

I would like to search _all_ groups of a predefined list of servers
(this can be hardcoded), without having to select all groups for that..

best
erik colson
Eric S Fraga
2015-08-25 15:03:58 UTC
Post by Erik Colson
Post by Vegard Vesterheim
Yup, simply mark (#) each group first, and then issue the search as
normal. Gnus will perform the search across the corresponding servers,
and present the results in one nnir buffer.
I would like to search _all_ groups of a predefined list of servers
(this can be hardcoded), without having to select all groups for that..
If you put all the groups of a server (or more than one server) within a
topic, in group topic view, you can search them all by GG on the topic
line, I believe.
--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xFFFCF67D
: in Emacs 25.0.50.2 + Ma Gnus v0.14 + evil-git-ff74cfb
: BBDB version 3.1.2 (2014-04-28 23:20:47+00:00)
Erik Colson
2015-08-25 15:18:05 UTC
Post by Eric S Fraga
If you put all the groups of a server (or more than one server) within a
topic, in group topic view, you can search them all by GG on the topic
line, I believe.
Hi Eric

Thanks for the idea..

it does work, but then again I must use topics or activate topic-mode
and then go to the specific topic and then launch the search. It's a
workaround but it ain't very efficient..

best
--
erik colson