"Bounce" (redirect) a message?
Peter Davis
2015-04-28 13:16:10 UTC
Mutt has a feature allowing you to "bounce" a message (i.e., redirect it
to another address). It simply prompts for the address to bounce to, and
does it. The other address receives the message as if it had been sent
there originally ... original timestamps, no forwards, etc.

Is there a way to do this with gnus?
--
----
Peter Davis
www.techcurmudgeon.com
Peder O. Klingenberg
2015-04-28 13:34:43 UTC
Post by Peter Davis
Is there a way to do this with gnus?
I use "S D r" (gnus-summary-resend-message) for this.

...Peder...
I wish a new life awaited _me_ in some off-world colony.
Peter Davis
2015-04-28 13:50:42 UTC
Post by Peder O. Klingenberg
Post by Peter Davis
Is there a way to do this with gnus?
I use "S D r" (gnus-summary-resend-message) for this.
Thanks, Peder.

This looks pretty close, but the description says the 'To:' header is
not altered. I'm not sure if that breaks anything like 'reply', but I'll
try it out.

Thank you.

-pd
--
----
Peter Davis
www.techcurmudgeon.com
Peter Münster
2015-04-28 15:21:55 UTC
Post by Peter Davis
This looks pretty close, but the description says the 'To:' header is
not altered. I'm not sure if that breaks anything like 'reply', but I'll
try it out.
If you want to change the "To:" (or anything else), then "S D e".
Peter
Peter Davis
2015-04-28 15:39:21 UTC
Post by Peter Münster
Post by Peter Davis
This looks pretty close, but the description says the 'To:' header is
not altered. I'm not sure if that breaks anything like 'reply', but I'll
try it out.
If you want to change the "To:" (or anything else), then "S D e".
Very cool. Thank you!

-pd
--
----
Peter Davis
www.techcurmudgeon.com
Andreas Schwab
2015-04-28 13:44:46 UTC
Post by Peter Davis
Mutt has a feature allowing you to "bounce" a message (i.e., redirect it
to another address). It simply prompts for the address to bounce to, and
does it. The other address receives the message as if it had been sent
there originally ... original timestamps, no forwards, etc.
Is there a way to do this with gnus?
S D r runs the command gnus-summary-resend-message, which is an
interactive autoloaded compiled Lisp function in `gnus-msg.el'.

It is bound to S D r, <menu-bar> <Post> <Resend message>.

(gnus-summary-resend-message ADDRESS N)

Resend the current article to ADDRESS.

Andreas.
--
Andreas Schwab, ***@linux-m68k.org
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756 01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
Peter Davis
2015-04-28 13:55:33 UTC
Post by Andreas Schwab
Post by Peter Davis
Mutt has a feature allowing you to "bounce" a message (i.e., redirect it
to another address). It simply prompts for the address to bounce to, and
does it. The other address receives the message as if it had been sent
there originally ... original timestamps, no forwards, etc.
Is there a way to do this with gnus?
S D r runs the command gnus-summary-resend-message, which is an
interactive autoloaded compiled Lisp function in `gnus-msg.el'.
It is bound to S D r, <menu-bar> <Post> <Resend message>.
(gnus-summary-resend-message ADDRESS N)
Resend the current article to ADDRESS.
Andreas.
Thanks, Andreas (and Peder). I did an experiement, and it looks like
this will do exactly what I need.

Thank you!

-pd
--