Extracting all videos attached to emails from emails?
Rainer M Krug
2014-09-02 08:05:21 UTC
Hi

After my external hdd was stolen (it was in a safe which was stolen...)
I lost my pictures and videos I took. Luckily, I could get the pictures
back (although in a lower resolution but still fine) but my movies are
gone.

Over time, I mailed the best ones via gmail to friends and family, so I
have them in my emails. As I have many emails, I am looking for a
scriptable way of extracting all videos which are attached to emails.

Is there a simple way to do it with gnus?

Or do you have ay opther suggestions (I am using notmuch to index all my
mail)?

Thanks,

Rainer
--
Rainer M. Krug
email: Rainer<at>krugs<dot>de
PGP: 0x0F52F982
Peter Münster
2014-09-02 09:41:39 UTC
Post by Rainer M Krug
Or do you have ay opther suggestions
Hi,

Please find attached a script, that does something similar (it extracts
images from emails). Perhaps it can help you...
Peter
Rainer M Krug
2014-09-02 10:23:50 UTC
Thanks peter - that looks like something I can use.

As I am using a Mac, I am going to use ripmime or munpack instead of
mhstore they are available via homebrew (which I am using).

Thanks a lot - very nice aud useful script!

Rainer
PGP: 0x0F52F982
Lars Ingebrigtsen
2015-01-27 05:25:01 UTC
Post by Rainer M Krug
Over time, I mailed the best ones via gmail to friends and family, so I
have them in my emails. As I have many emails, I am looking for a
scriptable way of extracting all videos which are attached to emails.
Is there a simple way to do it with gnus?
`X m' will save all MIME parts of the specified type of the
process-marked articles, so that should generally work for this kind of
stuff...