(expiry-wait . never) not properly handled by nnimap backend
Elias Oltmanns
2014-05-31 13:03:34 UTC
Hi there,

setting expiry-wait to never on nnimap groups does not work right now.
Actually, I have observed and fixed this on Emacs 24.3.1 but the
revelant code looks much the same in Gnus master. The patch below has
been prepared against master but only been tested on Emacs 24.3.1. If
you agree with this fix, do I have to notify anyone in particular so
this will also be included in the next maintenance release of Emacs (if
there will be such a thing)?

Regards,

Elias
Lars Ingebrigtsen
2015-01-28 05:30:26 UTC
Post by Elias Oltmanns
setting expiry-wait to never on nnimap groups does not work right now.
Actually, I have observed and fixed this on Emacs 24.3.1 but the
revelant code looks much the same in Gnus master. The patch below has
been prepared against master but only been tested on Emacs 24.3.1. If
you agree with this fix, do I have to notify anyone in particular so
this will also be included in the next maintenance release of Emacs (if
there will be such a thing)?
Thanks; I've now applied your patch to the emacs-24 branch, so it should
eventually make its way onto the trunk and then the Gnus git tree.
Katsumi Yamaoka
2015-01-28 22:22:39 UTC
Post by Lars Ingebrigtsen
Post by Elias Oltmanns
setting expiry-wait to never on nnimap groups does not work right now.
[...]
The patch is now in only the trunk. Should it be backported?
Lars Ingebrigtsen
2015-01-29 01:06:21 UTC
Post by Katsumi Yamaoka
Post by Lars Ingebrigtsen
Thanks; I've now applied your patch to the emacs-24 branch, so it should
eventually make its way onto the trunk and then the Gnus git tree.
The patch is now in only the trunk. Should it be backported?
Yes, please. I guess I put it in the wrong branch... again...
Katsumi Yamaoka
2015-01-29 01:44:39 UTC
Post by Lars Ingebrigtsen
Post by Katsumi Yamaoka
The patch is now in only the trunk. Should it be backported?
Yes, please. I guess I put it in the wrong branch... again...
Ok. Done.