Soft-wrapping HTML messages
Christoph Groth
2014-09-03 07:37:39 UTC
Dear list,

I enabled visual-line-mode together with variable-pitch-mode in gnus-article-mode to “soft-wrap” articles. This works nicely for pure text, but HTML messages are hard-wrapped by the renderer. Washing such articles with “W w” works, but I wonder if there is any automatic solution.

Is there a way to disable hard-wrapping of HTML articles in Gnus? I’m not even sure whether this idea makes sense, as many HTML messages use tables for formatting.

Any ideas?

Christoph
Lars Ingebrigtsen
2015-01-27 05:23:17 UTC
Post by Christoph Groth
Is there a way to disable hard-wrapping of HTML articles in Gnus? I’m
not even sure whether this idea makes sense, as many HTML messages use
tables for formatting.
Yeah, as you said, not folding lines in HTML doesn't, in general, make
sense.