Need help on setting multiple gmail imap account
Eric
2014-12-29 01:27:06 UTC
I am using emacs 24.4. Following this instruction:
http://superuser.com/questions/86798/multiple-email-accounts-from-the-same-server-in-emacs-gnus

I have two account, my setup is like this:

(add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods
'(nnimap "name1"
(nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
(nnimap-server-port 993)
(nnimap-stream ssl)
(nnir-search-engine imap)
(nnmail-expiry-target "nnimap+gmail:[Gmail]/Trash")
(nnmail-expiry-wait 90))
'(nnimap "name2"
(nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
(nnimap-server-port 993)
(nnimap-stream ssl)))

the authinfo file has:
machine name1 login ***@gmail.com password mypass1 port 993 force yes
machine name2 login ***@gmail.com password mypass2 port 993 force yes

but it doesn't work for me. There are several other solutions like this
online. Looks like gnus is trying to connect to name1 and name2 which is not
a real server name. It might be possible by editing the etc/host file.

Does anyone has a working setup with the server aliasing approach?
Thanks a lot.
Eric
Adam Sjøgren
2014-12-29 09:11:10 UTC
Post by Eric
Does anyone has a working setup with the server aliasing approach?
This works for me:

,----[ ~/.gnus ]

`----

,----[ ~/.authinfo ]

| machine gmail login ***@gmail.com password "accountpassword" port imap
| machine gmail2 login ***@gmail.com password "account2password" port imap

`----

What happens when you try? Do you get any errors in the " *Messages*"
buffer? What does C-h v gnus-secondary-select-methods RET say?

Best regards,

Adam
--
"He also no longer jokes about world domination; it Adam Sjøgren
was only funny when it was obviously meant in jest." ***@koldfront.dk
Ted Zlatanov
2015-02-04 11:46:52 UTC
On Mon, 29 Dec 2014 10:11:10 +0100 ***@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) wrote:

AS> This works for me:

AS> ,----[ ~/.gnus ]
AS> |
AS> | (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods '((nnimap "gmail" (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com"))
AS> | (nnimap "gmail2" (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com"))))
AS> |
AS> `----

AS> ,----[ ~/.authinfo ]
AS> |
AS> | machine gmail login ***@gmail.com password "accountpassword" port imap
AS> | machine gmail2 login ***@gmail.com password "account2password" port imap
AS> |
AS> `----

Could you add this to the auth.texi manual? Or I can? It's a FAQ for
sure.

Ted
Lars Ingebrigtsen
2015-02-05 03:13:40 UTC
Post by Ted Zlatanov
AS> ,----[ ~/.gnus ]
AS> |
AS> | (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods '((nnimap "gmail"
AS> | (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com"))
AS> | (nnimap "gmail2"
AS> | (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com"))))
AS> |
AS> `----
AS> ,----[ ~/.authinfo ]
AS> |
AS> | "account2password" port imap
AS> |
AS> `----
Could you add this to the auth.texi manual? Or I can? It's a FAQ for
sure.
Yeah; it should go in the manual.
Ted Zlatanov
2015-02-05 10:52:28 UTC
Post by Ted Zlatanov
Could you add this to the auth.texi manual? Or I can? It's a FAQ for
sure.
LI> Yeah; it should go in the manual.

Added.

Ted
Adam Sjøgren
2015-02-05 15:51:00 UTC
[...]
Post by Ted Zlatanov
Could you add this to the auth.texi manual? Or I can? It's a FAQ for
sure.
You're very welcome to do so. Thanks!

Best regards,

Adam
--
"The success of open source code is perhaps the only Adam Sjøgren
thing in the computer field that hasn't surprised me ***@koldfront.dk