gmail: can't visited the starred group
Uwe Brauer
2015-01-21 17:41:46 UTC
Hello

Gmail has a nifty feature, it display flagged messages of all folders in
a single folder/group called starred. I can visit this folder in
thunderbird but in gnus (via nnimap) I obtain an error message I attach

Any ideas?

thanks

Uwe Brauer
Lars Ingebrigtsen
2015-01-25 03:52:32 UTC
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Couldn't request group nnimap+gmail:[Google Mail]/Starred: NO (NONEXISTENT) Unknown Mailbox: (Google Mail) /Starred (Failure)")
Hm. Could you try switching on `nnimap-record-commands' and look in the
"*imap log*" buffer to see what commands Gnus is really sending? It
kinda looks like it might be asking for "/Starred" instead of
"Starred"...
Uwe Brauer
2015-01-27 14:45:18 UTC
Post by Lars Ingebrigtsen
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Couldn't request group
nnimap+gmail:[Google Mail]/Starred: NO (NONEXISTENT) Unknown
Mailbox: (Google Mail) /Starred (Failure)")
Hm. Could you try switching on `nnimap-record-commands' and look in the
"*imap log*" buffer to see what commands Gnus is really sending? It
kinda looks like it might be asking for "/Starred" instead of
"Starred"...
I solved the problem with the following code which I found in the net.

(setq gnus-group-line-format "%M%S%p%P%5y: %uG \n")

(defun gnus-user-format-function-G (arg)
(let ((mapped-name (assoc gnus-tmp-group group-name-map)))
(if (null mapped-name)
gnus-tmp-group
(cdr mapped-name))))

(defvar group-name-map '(("nnimap+UCMgmail:[Gmail]/Starred" . "Flags-Starred"))
"*Varible to replace problematic `Group/Folder' names in Gmail.")