where does gnus store old message? I re-installed system
jenia.ivlev
2014-10-05 00:04:35 UTC
Hello.

I was using arch-gnu/linux and I re-installed arch again.
I can't find my old messages in the sent folder (old messages from gnus).
Usually I pressed C-u M-g or /o if I remeber correctly. But now, I guess,
I need to find the old gnus database and copy it to my new install. Where is
that database?

Thanks very much in advance.
Alexander Baier
2014-10-05 08:07:42 UTC
Post by jenia.ivlev
I was using arch-gnu/linux and I re-installed arch again.
I can't find my old messages in the sent folder (old messages from gnus).
Usually I pressed C-u M-g or /o if I remeber correctly. But now, I guess,
I need to find the old gnus database and copy it to my new install. Where is
that database?
I would guess they are located somewhere under ~/News or some other path
depending on your old value of gnus-article-save-directory.

HTH,
--
Alexander Baier