shr output unreadable
Jason L Tibbitts III
2015-02-18 18:12:21 UTC
Not sure if this is really a Gnus thing, but since I enabled shr,
formatted html messages are pretty much completely unreadable. I tried
playing with shr-color-visible-(distance|luminance)-min (and I mean,
cranking them way, way up) but still can't
get anything I can actually read. (White background with dark text; I
keep getting grey backgrounds.)

What I'd really like to do is just turn off the backgrounds entirely, or
maybe use them only when the text is very light, but I don't see a
setting for that.

- J<
Jason L Tibbitts III
2015-02-18 18:17:00 UTC
And of course I forgot to mention that this is the shr that comes with
emacs 24.4 (Currnet Fedora 21, emacs-24.4-3.fc21.x86_64).

- J<
Lars Ingebrigtsen
2015-02-19 05:55:42 UTC
Post by Jason L Tibbitts III
Not sure if this is really a Gnus thing, but since I enabled shr,
formatted html messages are pretty much completely unreadable. I tried
playing with shr-color-visible-(distance|luminance)-min (and I mean,
cranking them way, way up) but still can't
get anything I can actually read. (White background with dark text; I
keep getting grey backgrounds.)
Can you post some example screenshots and also forward the example HTML
that gave you that screenshot?
Jason L Tibbitts III
2015-02-19 06:27:45 UTC

Well, here's an example; hopefully the article comes through OK.
Adam Sjøgren
2015-02-19 09:29:45 UTC
Post by Jason L Tibbitts III
Well, here's an example; hopefully the article comes through OK.
0.0 HTML_FONT_LOW_CONTRAST BODY: HTML font color similar or identical to
background
Best regards,

Adam
--
"I hope my mind is like a parachute Adam Sjøgren
I hope it opens on time" ***@koldfront.dk
Jason L Tibbitts III
2015-02-19 15:52:59 UTC
AS> SpamAssassin has the same complaint as you:

Maybe I just picked a bad example; pretty much all of the HTML documents
I view come out pretty much exactly the same as that one.

- J<
Jason L Tibbitts III
2015-02-19 16:54:12 UTC
And also, the page actually looks quite fine when viewed in a browser;
black text on a white background. The "low contrast" text is just the
address at the bottom.

- J<