etc/GNUS-NEWS not updated for two years
Glenn Morris
2014-10-14 16:05:16 UTC
etc/GNUS-NEWS has not been updated in emacs-24 for almost two years.

If you are going to update it, please do so before this Friday.

(Perhaps the need for this to be a separate file has passed,
and you can start using the main NEWS file; cf eg ERC-NEWS.)
Glenn Morris
2014-10-14 16:15:32 UTC
PS as the file is written at present, it's impossible to figure out
_which_ version of Gnus or Emacs it refers to.
Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
2014-10-15 12:09:42 UTC
Post by Glenn Morris
PS as the file is written at present, it's impossible to figure out
_which_ version of Gnus or Emacs it refers to.
I've gone through the Gnus ChangeLog back to 2011, and there doesn't
really seem to be much new functionality that's suitable for the NEWS
file. Perhaps the nnir rewrite?
David Engster
2014-10-15 13:53:12 UTC
Post by Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Post by Glenn Morris
PS as the file is written at present, it's impossible to figure out
_which_ version of Gnus or Emacs it refers to.
I've gone through the Gnus ChangeLog back to 2011, and there doesn't
really seem to be much new functionality that's suitable for the NEWS
file. Perhaps the nnir rewrite?
Support for ical invites (gnus-icalendar.el).

-David
Eric S Fraga
2014-10-15 14:23:37 UTC
On Wednesday, 15 Oct 2014 at 15:53, David Engster wrote:

[...]
Post by David Engster
Support for ical invites (gnus-icalendar.el).
This has indeed been a useful addition.

It makes me ask: is there any support for the opposite direction, such
as creating an ical invite from an org entry? Maybe I should ask this
on the org mailing list... but I think the key difficulty for me would
be knowing how to define automatically an invite attachment in gnus?

thanks,
eric
--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xFFFCF67D
: in Emacs 25.0.50.1 + Ma Gnus v0.12 + evil-git-40d08c9
: BBDB version 3.1.2 (2014-05-06 11:45:08 -0500)
Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
2014-10-15 21:47:10 UTC
Post by David Engster
Support for ical invites (gnus-icalendar.el).
Yes. Does anybody have a news item for that?

And I just remembered that I added support for sending HTML
multipart/related messages...

Anyway, I think this can be incorporated into the main Emacs NEWS file.
I'll add the multipart bit.

Hm... do I have an emacs-24 branch here? Yes, I do.
Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
2014-10-15 21:51:07 UTC
Post by Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Anyway, I think this can be incorporated into the main Emacs NEWS file.
I'll add the multipart bit.
That's not in the Emacs 24 branch. Oh, well.
Adam Sjøgren
2014-10-15 13:57:21 UTC
Post by Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
I've gone through the Gnus ChangeLog back to 2011, and there doesn't
really seem to be much new functionality that's suitable for the NEWS
file. Perhaps the nnir rewrite?
When was the big IMAP rewrite?

Best regards,

Adam
--
"Set out on a laughless day Adam Sjøgren
Like a troupe of clowns" ***@koldfront.dk
Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
2014-10-15 21:43:28 UTC
Post by Adam Sjøgren