address and name from posting styles are ignored
Vitalie Spinu
2015-01-28 11:24:43 UTC

I have the following in my gnus-posting-styles:

((header "from" "<regexp>")
("test" "blabla")
(address "***@bar.com")
(name "BAZ"))

The regexp is matched and I see "test" header in my reply. But the From
field uses the default user-full-name and user-mail-address instead of
address and name above.

I am using gnus 5.13 from the head of emacs-24 branch.

Vitalie
Robert Pluim
2015-01-28 17:19:47 UTC
Post by Vitalie Spinu
Hi,
((header "from" "<regexp>")
("test" "blabla")
(name "BAZ"))
The regexp is matched and I see "test" header in my reply. But the From
field uses the default user-full-name and user-mail-address instead of
address and name above.
I am using gnus 5.13 from the head of emacs-24 branch.
Is that the only entry in your gnus-posting-styles? The gnus manual
says:

The entire alist will be iterated over, from the beginning towards the
end, and each match will be applied, which means that attributes in
later styles that match override the same attributes in earlier matching
styles.

Maybe you have later entries that override user-full-name and address?

Regards

Robert